things you should never feed your cat.
Raisins and Grapes. The ASPCA Animal Poison Control
Center advises never
feeding pets grapes or
They are known to be toxic to dogs,
and the ASPCA states there are ‘still many unknowns with the toxic
potential’ of these fruits, including how they affect cats.
2. Chocolate. While we humans can’t imagine a holiday dessert plate
without a few chocolate treats, this is a toxic food for cats. A substance
called Theobromine along with Caffeine can cause vomiting and over-stimulate
the Central Nervous System, which can lead to death. All chocolate is
dangerous to felines, but unsweetened baker’s chocolate is particularly
harmful because it contains 8-10 times more Theobromine compared to milk
3. Garlic, Onions & Similar Root Veggies. These foods have the power
to destroy your cat’s red blood cells, leading to anemia. Onions
are particularly dangerous.
4. Green Tomatoes. Your cat will experience severe lower gastrointestinal
pain after eating these plants. Stems and leaves are especially toxic.
5. Xylitol. You may not know what it is, but xylitol is a substance you
likely digest on a regular basis. It’s found in candy bars, gum,
toothpaste and some baked goods, and it’s used an artificial sweetener.
Some ‘diet’ food products contain this ingredient. Keep it
away from your cat! It has the potential to cause seizures and liver
6. Bones and Fat Trimmings. Don’t leave that turkey, chicken or
roast beef out on the table unattended. And do NOT give kitty those leftover
table scraps! A few nibbles of the fat remnants can lead to vomiting
and diarrhea, and bones are a choking hazard.